osmium - multipurpose tool for working with OpenStreetMap data
osmium COMMAND [ARG...]
Multipurpose tool for working with OpenStreetMap data.
Run osmium help COMMAND to get more information about a command.
- -h, --help
- Show usage and list of commands.
- Show program version.
- add node locations to ways in OSM file
- apply OSM change file(s) to OSM data file
- concatenate OSM files and convert to different formats
- filter changesets from OSM changeset files
- check referential integrity of OSM file
- create OSM change file from two OSM files
- display differences between OSM files
- create geographical extracts from an OSM file
- show information about an OSM file
- get objects from OSM file by ID
- show help about commands
- merge several OSM files into one
- merge several OSM change files into one
- renumber object IDs
- show OSM file
- sort OSM files
- filter OSM data based on tags
- filter OSM data by time from a history file
Most commands support the following options:
- -h, --help
- Show short usage information.
- -v, --verbose
- Set verbose mode. The program will output information about what it is doing to stderr.
Osmium commands try to do their work as memory efficient as possible. But some osmium commands still need to load quite a bit of data into main memory. In some cases this means that only smaller datasets can be handled. Look into the man pages for the individual commands to learn more about their memory use.
If you use the -v, --verbose option on most commands they will print out their peak memory usage at the end. This is the actual amount of memory used including the program code itself, any needed libraries and the data. (Printing of memory usage is currently only available on Linux systems.)
If an osmium command exits with an "Out of memory" error, try running it with --verbose on smaller datasets to get an idea how much memory it needs.
- osmium-add-locations-to-ways(1), osmium-apply-changes(1), osmium-cat(1), osmium-changeset-filter(1), osmium-check-refs(1), osmium-derive-changes(1), osmium-diff(1), osmium-extract(1), osmium-fileinfo(1), osmium-getid(1), osmium-merge(1), osmium-merge-changes(1), osmium-renumber(1), osmium-show(1), osmium-sort(1), osmium-tags-filter(1), osmium-time-filter(1), osmium-file-formats(5)
- Osmium website